A full structural survey is the most comprehensive type of building surveys. Structural Engineering Services will carry out a detailed structural survey of the property from top to bottom. In this structural inspection, we will look at all aspects of the building structure (for example, the types of materials used, the condition of the roof, the state of the foundations and the integrity of the walls).
When carrying out a structural survey, our structural surveyors will actively search for potential problems and building defects – even if they are not immediately obvious! Once the survey has been completed, you’ll receive a detailed structural survey report which will identify any problems found.
What other areas does a structural survey look at? In addition to looking at the design and construction of the property, a structural survey will pick up a wide range of property related problems such as:
- Damaged or removed lintels
- If any supporting walls have been altered or moved
- Any DIY “improvements” which have been carried out without the necessary planning permission
- Presence of hazardous materials (e.g. asbestos) that may need to be professionally removed
- Damp related issues such as dry rot or rising damp
- Evidence of woodworm or other insect infestations
- Problems with the roof
- Rotten or damaged window frames
- Damage to brick or stonework (e.g. frost damage)
- Evidence of subsidence or land-slip
- Poor plumbing, electrical work or insulation
- Possible areas of concern (e.g. party wall issues)
Timely Delivery without Sacrificing Detail:
Our structural survey service works to create an accurate and real-time report for your property. Be constantly up to date with your property, with our specialised structural survey software providing updates to you as and when they occur.
Our structural survey is completely comprehensive, taking into account the materials used, roof conditions, foundations, and more.
Safety is vital to a successful property. For this reason, our reports will assess any potential areas of concern that may arise in the future. Our reports are designed to keep you in the know at all times.
Structural Engineering Services have been working within the UK for 20 years to ensure each of our clients received a detailed structural survey of their unique property. Our industry experience allows us to be aware of potential issues within a wide variety of different properties. Our proud and vast client base can help us ensure we conduct your structural survey exactly as required for your property, quality guaranteed.
“Great efficient service overall. Found the team to be friendly and helpful particularly Sop Samay. Will recommend to others and use again.”